Friday, February 12, 2010

More Snow, More Ice, Less Salt


We had a snow storm on Feb. 9th & 10th. The wet snow was so heavy that it pushed the pine tree on to our porch. It looked like it wanted to come in from the cold. It bent even further to the ground by night fall. Past 9pm on the 10th workers who were clearing the walkways saw our snowy shambling mound and shook it's laden branches, freeing it and us.




Photobucket



The morning of the 11th brought bright blue skies, and a thick chunky patch of ice that flowed down the steps.



Photobucket



Holding on to the railing I climbed down the steps; and headed straight for the office. I told the man sitting behind the desk about the ice and how the gutter was bowed. He told me this was because of the snow in the gutter freezing and the melting water just flows over the ice. I tried to explain to him that this over flow of water occurs in the spring as well. He shook his head and said that this was the first he heard of this issue. I paused and took a deep breath. "Excuse me, but I brought in a letter explaining this issue last month." He did not give a definate timeframe to fix the gutter; but I do understand that fixing it soon is not on the agenda. There was no salt placed on my steps that day.

Here is a picture on my steps from about an hour ago. Notice not much has changed.

Photobucket

Later that same night (2/11/10), while I was looking for pictures to show to some friends, I found a few photos of the gutter/ice issue with the printing date of 8/15/07 stamped on the back.



photo printed 8/15/07 photo printed 8/15/07

Same problem different day. Come spring I will show off pictures of my "Urban Waterfall".

No comments:

Post a Comment