Monday, February 8, 2010

The Gutter (revisited)

2/8/10

We had a snow storm late Friday night. Saturday brought hard wind and some more snow. On Sunday, it was bright and the snow began to melt a bit. So once again the drip on my steps freezes to ice in the morning.

2/8/10

2/8/10

Monday Feb. 8th. I called the office requesting salt to be placed on my steps, so that our sole means of exiting our apartment would be safe. I was told that they don't salt at night and that there was no one on staff at that time to salt them. I explained that my husband would be leaving for work in half an hour. I was given the advise of telling my husband "to be careful" going down the stairs. At this point I took a deep breath and told the man "to have a nice day". I'm sure it didn't sound like I meant it.

At 8:19 am my husband walked down steps salted by the management.

Here are two more pictures for you to look at.


Photobucket

In this one above you can see the low spot in which the water has to travel.


Photobucket

Here you can see where the tree has caused an mini ice wall to further prevent the water from flowing properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment